Family Therapy enables family members, couples and others who care about each other to express and explore difficult thoughts and emotions safely, to understand each other’s experiences and views, appreciate each other’s needs, build on strengths and make useful changes in their relationships and their lives.
Individuals can find Family Therapy helpful, as an opportunity to reflect on important relationships and find ways forward.
Joys Cottage Counselling aims to:
- - Be inclusive and considerate of the needs of each member of the family and/or other key relationships in people’s lives.
- - Recognise and build on people’s strengths
- - Work in partnership ‘with’ families and others
- - Be sensitive to diverse family forms and relationships, beliefs and cultures
- - Enable people to talk, together or individually, often about difficult or distressing issues, in ways that respect their experiences, invite engagement and support recovery.